Welcome travellers!
During the next eight months we will embark on an epic adventure of religion, art, and history, as we voyage across the Silk Road. Join me as I follow the trail that has impacted countless cultures over the years, setting the stage for religion as we know it today.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Farewell

Greetings travellers,

I write to you to bid farewell! My travels along the Silk Road have come to an end, and it is time for me to return home. I thank you for travelling with me throughout the past eight months and hope you have enjoyed your time as much as I have. Before I depart, I would like to leave you with a series of five letters I found on my last day of travels. The letters date back to the year 755 and follow what appears to be a member of the rebel military troops during the An-lushan Rebellion, compiled and addressed to his wife. With each letter, I attached a poem written during the Tang Dynasty (the period covering the An-lushan Rebellion) that I felt accompanied the letters well.

Farewell and Enjoy!

Yours truly,
~A.V. 


http://anlushanrebellion.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment